1. Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection
is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh,
St. Joseph, do assist me by your
powerful intercessions and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, so that, having
engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, Pray for me.
2. What kind of place would heaven be
with all its streets of gold,
If all the souls that dwell up there
Like yours and mine, were old?
How strange would heaven’s music
sound When harps begin to ring,
If children were not gathered round
To help the angels sing.
The children that god sends to us
Are only just a loan,
He knows we need their sunshine
To make the house a home
We need the inspiration of
a baby’s blessed smile
He doesn’t say they’ve come to stay
Just lends them for a while.
Sometimes it takes them years to do
The work for which they come.
Sometimes in just a month or two
Our Father calls them home.
I like to think some souls up there
Bear not one sinful scar.
I love to think of heaven as
a place where children are.
3. The Lord is my shepherd: I shall not want. he maketh me lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me besides the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me;Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
4. PRAYER OF ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI
Lord make me an instrument of
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, Joy.
O Divine Master; grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
5. God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I
cannot change, the courage
to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the
6. IRISH BLESSING
May the road rise up to
May the wind be always at
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your
And until we meet again,
May God keep you in the
hallow of his hand.
7. One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. “LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you’d walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.” The LORD replied, “My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”
8. I am home in Heaven, dear ones; Oh, so happy and so bright! There is perfect joy and beauty In this everlasting light. All the pain and grief is over, Every restless tossing passed; I am now at peace forever, Safely home in Heaven at last. Did you wonder I so calmly Trod the valley, of the shade?
Oh! But Jesus love illuminated Every dark and fearful glade. And He came Himself to meet me In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus’ arm to lean on Could I have one doubt or dread? Then you must not grieve so so sorely, For I love you dearly still; Try to look beyond Earth’s shadows. Pray to trust our Father’s Will There is work still waiting for you, So you must not idly stand; Do it now, while life remaineth – You shall rest in Jesus’ land. When that work is all completed, he will gently call you Home; Oh, the rapture of the meeting, Oh the joy to see you come.
9. O glorious Saint Anthony, safe refuge of the afflicted and distressed, who by miraculous revelation, hast directed all those who seek aid to come to Thy altar with the promise that whoever visits it for nine consecutive Tuesdays, and there piously invokes thee, will feel the power of the intercession. I, a poor sinner, encouraged by this promise, come to thee. O powerful Saint, and with a firm hope I implore thy aid, the protection, thy counsel and thy blessing. Obtain for me, I beseech thee, my request in this necessity (mention it). But if it should be opposed by the Will of God and the welfare of my soul, obtain for me such other graces as shall be conducive to my salvation. Thru Christ our Lord, Amen.
10. PRAYER TO SAINT JUDE
St JUDE, glorious Apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the true Church invokes you universally as the Patron of things despaired of; pray for me, who am so miserable; pray for me, that finally I may receive the consolation and the succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (here make your request), and that I may bless God with the Elect throughout Eternity — Amen.
St Jude, Apostle, martyr and relative of our Lord Jesus Christ, of Mary and of Joseph, intercede for us.
11. PRAYER TO ST. PATRICK
O great Apostle of Ireland, glorious St. Patrick, to whom under God, so many are indebted for the most precious of all treasures, the great gift of Faith, receive our fervent thanks for the zeal and charity which have been to thousands the source of blessings so invaluable. Ask for all who dwell in this land and the land of thy labors, the precious light of Faith, and beg for us on whom its glorious rays have long since beamed, the grace to regulate our lives by its sacred maxims.
12. Saint John Neumann,
Your ardent desire to bring all souls to
impelled you to leave home and country.
Teach is to live worthily in the Spirit of
which makes us children of the one
and brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ,
the first born of the family of God.
Obtain for us that complete dedication
to the needy, the weak and the afflicted
and the abandoned.
which so characterized your life.
Help us to preserve in the difficult and,
painful paths of duty.
may death find us on the sure road to
our Father’s house.
with the light of living faith in our hearts
13. O glorious St. Lucy, blessed virgin and martyr, patroness of those suffering from maladies of the eyes, pray that our gift of eyesight may be preserved so that in all things we may see the beauty and glory of God their Creator.
By your life and your martyrdom you became a light shining in the darkness. May your good example lead us from the darkness of sin to the light of eternal glory.
Be our intercessor with Jesus, our Lord and Savior, that He may grant us the vision to see and appreciate the beauty of God’s creation.
help us by your prayers to place our faith so completely in Him that he may free us from any blindness of body and spirit.
help us by your example to see with the eyes of Christ, to think with the mind of Christ, and to love with the heart of Christ.
14. O God, in your infinite mercy you looked with love upon your faithful servant Rita and granted through her intercession that which is beyond the power of mankind and the wisdom of this world. Through that love which bound Saint Rita to you turn to us in mercy and aid us in our difficulties.
Grant that all may come to know that you alone are the reward of the humble, the protection of the abandoned and the strength of all those who trust in you.
15. Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle
Be our protection against the
wickedness and snares of the
May God rebuke him,
we humbly pray;
And do thou, O Prince of the
By the power of God, thrust
Satan and all evil spirits
Who wander through the world
For the ruin of souls. Amen
16. O little flower of Jesus,
Ever Consoling troubled souls
with Heavenly Graces,
In your unfailing intercession
I place my confident trust.
From the Heart of Our Blessed Saviour
petition these Blessings of which
I stand in greatest need.
Shower upon me your promised Roses
of Virtue and Grace, dear
St. Theresa, so that swiftly
advancing in sanctity and in perfect
love of neighbor, I may someday
receive the Crown of Life Eternal.
17. Almighty God, through the death of Your Son on the cross, you have overcome death for us. Through his burial and resurrection from the dead you have made the grave a holy place and restored us to eternal life. We pray for those who died believing in Jesus and are buried with him in the hope of rising again. God of the living and the dead, may those who faithfully believed in you on earth praise you forever in the joy of heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord.
18. Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done in earth as it is
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we
forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil;
For Thine is the kingdom and
the power, and the glory, for ever.
19. Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Thy face I humbly kneel, and with burning soul pray and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity, true contrition for my sins and a firm purpose of amendment; the while I contemplate, with great love and tender pity, Thy five wounds, pondering over them within me, whilst I call to mind the words which David, Thy prophet, said of Thee, my Jesus; “They pierced my hands and my feet, they numbered all my Bones.”
Plenary indulgence, applicable to the Souls in Purgatory, if said before a Crucifix after Holy Communion.
20. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
he will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is thy keeper; they Lord is thy shade upon thy hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day. nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil; he shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even for evermore.
21. One gift above all others
God gives to us to treasure
One that knows no time no place
And one gold cannot measure.
The precious, poignant, tender gift
Of Memory — that will keep
Our dear ones ever in our hearts
Although God gives them sleep.
It brings back long-remembered things
A song, a word, a smile
And our world’s a better place–because
We had them —for awhile!
Jessie Ham Fair weather
22. Twenty Third Psalm
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me besides the still waters. He restores my soul, he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
23. Sunset and Evening Star,
and one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning
of the bar
When I put out to sea.
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out
the boundless deep
Turns again home.
Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness
When I embark;
For tho’ from out our bourne
of Time and place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.
24. Our Father,
which art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done in earth,
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day
our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.
And lead us not
but deliver us from evil.
25. God on His throne in heaven
Looked round at His flowers so fair
And then sought a blossom on earth
To add to those He has there.
To be part of such heavenly Company
The bloom must be pure and sweet
And the little bud that was chosen
Was the child who had played at our
Sorrow is great at the loss
of our child
At the parting with one we love
But the parting was made that our
child might go
To brighten the heavens above
26. “The Lord’s Prayer”
Our Father who are in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come;Thy will be
done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil;
For thine is the kingdom, and the
power, and the glory, for ever
and ever. Amen.
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Thy protection, implored Thy help, and sought Thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto Thee, Virgin of virgins, My mother! to Thee come; before Thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in Thy mercy, hear and answer me,
28. I am the
Believes in me
even if he die
John IX. 25
29. May he support us
all the day long
till the shades lengthen
& the evening comes
and the busy world is hushed
& the fever of life is over
& our work is done
then in his mercy…
may he give us a safe lodging
& a holy rest and
peace at the last
30. “We have loved
them during life;
let us not abandon them
until we have conducted
them by our prayers
into the house of the Lord.”
31. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled…as to console,To be understood…as to understand, To be loved…as to love, for It is in giving…that we receive It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned it is in dying…that we are born to eternal life.
33. May the Angels lead you into paradise, May the Martyrs come to welcome you, and take you to the Holy City the new and eternal Jerusalem.
May the choirs of Angels receive you, and may you, with the once poor Lazarus, have rest eternal.
May the Souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
34. “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. This is to have succeeded.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. Your gentle face and patient smile with sadness we recall. You had a kindly word for each And died beloved by all.
The voice is mute and stilled the heart, that loved us well and true. Ah, bitter was the trial to part from one so good as you.
You are not forgotten loved one, nor will you ever be. As long as life and memory last we will remember thee.
We miss you now, our hearts are sore. As time goes by, we miss you more. Your loving smile, your gentle face. No one can take your vacant place.
36. God saw you were getting tired,
And a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you
And whispered, “Come to me.”
With tearful eyes we watched you,
And saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove
to us, He only takes the best.
38. Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamonds glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripening grain,
I am the gentle autumn’s rain,
When you awaken
in the mornings hush,
I am the swift uprising rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there; I did not die.
39. May He support us all the day long,till the shades lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over, and our work is done!
Then in His mercy may he give us safe lodging, and a holy rest, and peace at the last!
My Jesus, Mercy
(Ind. of 300 days)
Mary, our hope, have pity on us
(Ind. of 300 days)
Sweet Heart of Mary, be
(Ind. of 300 days)
41. A tear at my death
is like raindrops for the stars,
as I believe in life,
I believe in the Kingdom of God,
and the promises in the Bible.
I believe that with God’s will,
life shall go on.
Someday, you may catch a glimpse
of a butterfly landing on a flower.
Or of a bird
softly settling on a branch.
It may be me,
stopping by to say His word is true.
As I am a part of God’s Kingdom,
I did not die and neither shall you.
42. Loved Him
Father we entrust our brother to your mercy.
You loved him greatly in this life; now that he is free from all its cares, give him happiness and peace for ever.
Welcome him now into paradise where there will be no more sorrow, no more weeping or pain, but only peace and joy with Jesus your Son, and the Holy Spirit for ever and ever.
43. Loved Her
Father we entrust our sister to your mercy.
You loved her greatly in this life; now that she is free from all its cares, give her happiness and peace for ever.
Welcome her now into paradise where there will be no more sorrow, no more weeping or pain, but only peace and joy with Jesus your Son, and the Holy Spirit for ever and ever.
O LASKAWE Serce Jezusa zawsze obecne w przenajswietszym Sakramencie wciaz palajace goraca miloscia ku duszoni w czyscu, zmiluj sie nad tymi duszami i wyprowadz je z ciemnosci wygnania, a wprowadz je do jasnosci zywota niebieskiego gdzie mamy nadzieje iz Ty i Twa Blogoslawiona Matka, przygotowaliscie dla nich korone radosci wiekuistej. Amen.
O GENTLEST Heart of Jesus, Ever present in the Blessed Sacrament, ever consumed with burning love for the poor captive souls in Purgatory, have mercy on the soul of Thy departed servant. Amen.
45. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee; Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.
46. AFTER GLOW
I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one
I’d like to leave an after glow of smiles when life is done
I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways
Of happy times and laughing times and bright sunny days
I’d like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.
47. O gentlest Heart of Jesus, ever present in the Blessed Sacrament, ever consumed with burning love for poor captive souls in Purgatory, have mercy on the souls of Thy departed servant.
Be not severe in Thy Judgment, but let some drops of Thy precious blood fall upon the devouring flames and do Thou, O Merciful Savior, send Thy angels to conduct her to a place of refreshment, light and peace. Amen
Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.
Sacred heart of Jesus have mercy on her.
48. God looked around his garden
And found an empty place.
He then looked down upon
And saw your tired face.
He put His arms around you
And lifted you to rest.
God’s Garden must be beautiful
He always takes the best.
He knew that you were suffering,
He knew you were in pain,
He knew that you would never
Get well on earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb,
So He closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered, “Peace be thine.”
It broke our hearts to lose you
But you didn’t go alone,
For part of us went with you
The day God called you home,
49. There’s a Reason
For every pain that we must bear.
For every burden, every care,
There’s a reason.
For every grief that bows the head,
For every teardrop that is shed,
There’s a reason.
For every hurt, for every plight,
For every lonely, pain-racked night,
There’s a reason.
But if we trust God as we should
It all will work out for our good.
He knows the reason.
50. Angel of God,
My guardian dear,
To whom His love
Commits me here;
Ever this day (or night)
Be at my side,
To light and guard,
To rule and guide.
51. When I must leave you
for a little while
Please do not grieve for me
and shed wild tears
and hug your sorrow to you through the years
But start out bravely and with
a gallant smile;
And for my sake and in my name live on and and do all things the same;
feed not your loneliness on empty days,
But fill each waking hour
in useful ways,
reach out your hand in comfort
and in cheer,
And I in turn will comfort you
and hold you near;
And never, never be afraid to die,
For I am waiting for you in the sky !
52. Don’t grieve for me for now I’m free.
I’m following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard Him call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day.
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I’ve found that peace at close of day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh a kiss,
Ah, yes, these things too, I will miss.
Be not burdened with time of sorrow,
I wish you the sunrise of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savored much.
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free!
53. When God calls little children
to dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometimes question
the wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with
the death of one small child
Who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling
the aged to His fold.,
so He picks a rosebud
before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
and so He takes but a few
To make the land of Heaven
more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult,
still somehow we must try,
The saddest word mankind knows
will always be “Good bye”.
So when a little child departs,
we who are left behind
Must realize God loves children
Angels are hard to find.
54. A HUSBAND’S PRAYER
wife you have given me.
Thank you for the joys of
loving her, for the warmth
that comes from her love.
Help me to appreciate the
beauty of our sacrament
and the tender moments
that have passed between
us. I beg the grace to
make her life as happy as
she has made mine. Let
our love bring us together
to your heart, and with our
children around us, let us
adore you forever.
55. I pledge Allegiance to the Flag,
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic,
for which it stands,
one nation under God,
and Justice for all.
57. What Is A Father
A father is a special man
Who cares for his family…
He helps his children without complaint
And gives his love so freely.
With problems one cannot solve,
A father can find the cure…
Happy times are also shared,
Wonderful memories for sure.
Fathers teach important morals
To be kind, honest and true…
They are models to their children
In all they say and do.
Father, you are my dearest friend,
You’re always by my side…
Guiding me through life’s walkway,
My love for you, I cannot hide.
59. Chaplet of Mercy
(For private recitation on Rosary beads)
Our Father… Hail Mary…Creed…
On the large beads:
“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Body of Blood, Soul and Divinity of Thy Most Beloved Son and Our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.”
On the small beads:
“Through the sorrowful passion of Jesus have mercy on us and on the whole world.” (10 times)
Holy God, Holy Omnipotent, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us.”
61. Eternal Father, look down with Mercy* upon the suffering souls in Purgatory * and through the sorrowful Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ* and the bitterness which overflowed His Most Sacred Heart in that hour, * show pity on those who already now are subject to Your Justice. * We beseech You that You deign look at them * only through the wounds of Your Most beloved Son and Our Lord Jesus Christ, * whose Mercy surpasses His Justice. * Amen.
62. Missing You
A million times I miss you
A million times I will cry
If love alone could
have saved you.
You would have never died.
In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still;
In my heart you hold a place
No other one can fill
The Golden gates stood open
God saw you needed rest.
He gently took you to a life
Of peace and happiness.
63. PRAYER TO ST. PEREGRINE
Patron Against Cancer
0 God, who gave to St. Peregrine an Angel for his companion, the Mother of God for his Teacher, and Jesus as the Physician of his malady, grant we beseech You through his merits that we may on earth intensely love our holy Angel, the blessed Virgin Mary, and our Saviour, and in Him bless them forever. Grant that we may receive the favor which we now petition. We ask this through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
64. My Sister
Throughout my life
Friends have come and gone.
But you’ve always been there,
Encouraging me along.
You’ve seen my triumphs and
wiped away my tears.
We’ve talked of dreams and
shared our fears.
As a friend
There is none better,
You are so special to me
My Precious Sister.
65. Ze smutkiem przypominamy Twoja subtelna twarz i cierpliwy usmiech. Ty mialas uprzejme slowo dla kazdego i umarlas kochana przez wszystkich.
Glos zamilkl i serce zamarlo, które kochalo nas bardzo i prawdziwie. Ooo, lepszy byl udzial w próbie przy kims tak dobrym jak Ty.
Nie jestes zapomniana najdrozsza, ani kiedykolwiek bedziesz. Tak dlugo jak zycie i pamiec posluza, bedziemy pamietac Ciebie.
Tesknimy teraz za Toba a nasze serca sa zbolale.
Wraz z uplywem czasu, tesknimy bardziej.
Twój kochajacy usmiech, Twoja subtelna twarz.
Nikt nie jest w stanie zajac Twego zwolnionego miejsca.
66. Oh, walk with me, my precious Lord;
Come, walk with me today-
The day is bright; the air is fresh;
Take my hand and lead the way…
Oh, talk with me, my precious Lord;
Come, tell me what to say-
The birds are nesting in the trees,
And the children are at play…
Oh, teach me, oh my precious Lord;
Come, teach me of Thy love-
I feel Thy warm and tender care
That comes from heaven above…
Oh, pray with me, my precious Lord;
Come pray with me tonight-
The stars are twinkling in the sky,
And it’s such a lovely sight…
Oh, sing with me, my precious Lord;
There’s music in the air-
I hear the heaven’s happy song,
And joy is everywhere!
Hope C. Oberhelman
Give me the FAITH that asks not why. I shall know God’s plan by and by. Give me the FAITH that looks at pain And says it will be all right again, In time or in Eternity.
Give me the Faith to bow my head, Trustfully waiting to be led. Give me the FAITH that holds God’s hand
When things are hard to understand. Give me the FAITH to face my life with all its pain and wrong and strife.
And then, with the day’s setting sun, I’ll close my eyes when life is done.
My soul will go without a care
Knowing that God is waiting there.
An Irish Blessing
May there always be work for your hands to do…
May your purse always hold a coin or two…
May the sun always shine on your windowpane
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain…
May the hand of a friend always be near you
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
71. O Glorious St. Anne, thou art filled with compassion for those who invoke thee and with love for those who suffer! Heavily laden with the weight of my troubles, I therefore cast myself at thy feet and humbly beg of thee to take under thy special protection the present affair which I recommend to thee.
Vouchsafe to recommend it to thy Daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and lay it before the throne of Jesus, so that He may bring it to a happy issue. Cease not to intercede for me until my request is granted. Above all obtain for me the grace of one day to behold my God face to face, and with thee and Mary and all the saints to praise and bless Him for all eternity. Amen.
73. O my God, You have searched me and You know me. You know my innermost thoughts, my strengths, my weaknesses. You’ve encompassed me with love and Your shield has been my strength.
You formed my being in my mother’s womb and numbered my days before any existed. How could I ever count Your innumerable blessings? I yearn to come to You in gratitude and reverence and to learn of your mercy and wisdom. May Your love and light radiate throughout all the earth forever and ever. Amen.
– based on Ps. 139